Skip to main content

"HOPE" by Sister Koroitamana

Heya Love!  

This week my companion and I have had lots of miracles happen as well as some heartaches. We've been receiving so many referrals of which we are so grateful for. This week we tried to contact most of them and we just had such great amazing, spirit filled lessons with them, We had a great member with us who shared a powerful testimony and we invited them to be baptized. 3 of our investigators accepted Baptismal Dates and we just felt soo good knowing that we really relied on the spirit and followed our promptings.I love my companion Sister Matheson. She and I really work well together and she always makes me laugh and she's really great at helping me to follow the spirit. I feel that in these lessons that we've had this week more than ever have I really learnt to trust and listen to and follow the spirit not only as we teach together but also as we go through out the day! I have really come to learn to trust and follow even the most subtle promptings. However small they maybe I have come to learn that the more we recognize and act on it the clearer it is and the more confident we will be in following those promptings. Sister Matheson is such a great example to me of that and she really helps me to follow my promptings. As we witnessed all these miracles happen in the beginning of the week we did our best to help these people get to church, although we tried to do all that we could none of them were able to make it and I just felt so sad and honestly a little discouraged. Sister Matheson talked about what else we could'v done to help them and it felt like there was really nothing else we could'v done on our part to help these people. I came home last night a little discouraged and honestly tired! not really knowing what else we could'v done to help these people. Then this morning during my personal Study I learnt about Hope in Preach My Gospel and it defined hope as a firm assurance in the Lord's promises that as we do our part he will do his. I was then led this this scripture in Moroni 7:41 that says:

And what is it that ye shall hope‍ for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope‍ through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise.

I thought alot about what it means to have hope in Christ and as I reflected I came to realize that it is in Christ and his Atonement that we should center our hopes in. I came to learn that Christ did what we couldn't do for ourselves or what seemed impossible to be done by man, He not only died for us but he also did rise again from the Dead making what was once impossible now  possible through Christ. I thought about that alot and came to the conclusion that we can center our hopes in Christ because only he can make all things possible if we just trust in him. I am grateful for this lesson and I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who allowed us have a Savior to help us. I am grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ who makes it possible for us to find hope and light even when things are hard. I am grateful for him. 

I love you!!!

Sister Koroitamana

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Priscilla Pringle's Predicament - Reader's Theater at Lethbridge Whoop-U...

This week was quite fun for me because I got to portray the main antagonist in a Reader's Theater called 'Priscilla Pringle's Predicament/All's Swell That Ends Swell' that Playgoers of Lethbridge put on at Lethbridge Whoop-Up Days 2017. The story was written by Ed Bayly, a truly wonderful individual. Doing the performances all week reminded me of how much I love participating in theater. Please enjoy this recording! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIh88Y5H3cI&t=1135s

Avatar: The Last Post

"In the era before the Avatar, we bent not the elements, but the energies within ourselves." -A giant Lion Turtle Avatar the Last Airbender was one of my favorite shows when I was but a lad, which was about a year ago... If you haven't seen it, then you have missed out, cause they're already on the second series, season, whatever you wanna call it, but it's on Netflix so there's that. "Are you sure you're not talking about the Blue cat people?" I'm positive... I mean, it was just great, BUT, much like Pokemon, it was one of those shows, that you watch and you get sad cause you're like, "Why can't I do that?" So it was sort of bittersweet. Anyway, what I'm trying to get at, is that it's great. "You really liked it huh?" Chyea, I was thinking about it the other day and something hit me... I think it was a Dragonfly, cause let me tell you, that thing was HUGE and it hurt... But then I realized something. 

"Around and around" by Isidro Zapata on the #mormonysablogs Official Website

Around & around we go trying to fill a void in our hearts, so around & around we go, trying to fill a void in our hearts, The Son of Man's compassion, passion and grace step in, to fill the void holding us tenderly, by his love and grace Jesus will never let us go So around and around our love grows hard to walk away from such love Jesus is the only way to live a life of bliss So around and around our love grows Jesus gave his life for you and me Wiping away every tear showing you grace from above now that is true love So around and around our love grows to the one who laid down his life so we can live a life of bliss hard to walk away from such love so around and around our love grows to him who laid down his life for you and me CR2016-01-04 iz