Skip to main content

A New Week:)

Can you believe it's almost October already?? Wow! It blows my mind to think that exactly a year ago I was serving in Manhattan Beach and a year later I'm still serving here. I am really grateful for this blessing. Last night President called us and Sister Schvaneveldt is getting mid cycle transferred!!!! I was a little sad when we found out because we were all just starting to get the hang of this trio thing. But I know that Heavenly Father always has a plan and that he knows what he's doing. I am grateful for Sister Schvaneveldt she is such a great example of kindness and love. I love her! I was feeling a little down the other night and she really helped me to feel motivated again. I am grateful to be here and especially to get to stay and serve here still. I don't feel like I'm ready to leave yet. 

Yesterday we attended sacrament in Manhattan Beach and it was really great to be amongst the people I've come to love. Then towards the end of church we went back to the El Camino Branch and I just felt so good that Heavenly Father has blessed me with this opportunity to serve both groups of people. I love them so much! Johnathan our investigator from the YSA Branch came to church!!!!! YAY!!!! he's been a little flaky with us in the past but he came to church yesterday and he walked all the way from his home too! We had fasted as a district for all of our investigators and it was such a great miracle that our investigators in our District came to church! I am grateful for the power of fasting. Our District is super small hahaha it includes our trio and our District Leader and his companion. So just the 5 of us make up our District. I gave the training last week on "High Expectations" and I truly feel so grateful for the power of the Holy Ghost bringing all things to my remembrance as I prepared. ( you know how it would usually take me weeks to prepare to give a talk?) well I only had an hour to prepare for this training and I could really feel the Holy Ghost working with me and I feel that my Faith in God has truly grown because I was a little scared and nervous with the little time I had to prepare but I am grateful that Heavenly Father helped me to trust in him and he blessed me with great Companions who helped me alot! The training was really good and I loved being able to learn from the Elders and Sisters in my District. 

Oh Guess what? I don't know if you'd heard of a movie called "Meet the Mormons" but the Missionaries in our Mission got to watch last week and it was sooooooo Great!!!!! Please check it out when you get the chance it's such a great Movie and sooo inspired. Oh Wow! I was really touched by it and really just made me so grateful to be a member. It's so great. Please take a friend to go see it. You can go onto meetthemormons.org to request it to be shown to a local theatre near you. 

How did you like the Women's Conference Yesterday? I loved it! I loved President Uchtdorf's talk. I just felt such a great desire to be better prepared to enter the temple. I can feel now how important those covenants are and how biding they are and how they can truly protect us from Satan's influence as we faithfully keep them. I really commit to forget myself more and truly give my all to my Lord. Please pray for Johnathan he has a Baptismal Date for the 18th of October. 

I Love you So much

Sister Koroitamana

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Priscilla Pringle's Predicament - Reader's Theater at Lethbridge Whoop-U...

This week was quite fun for me because I got to portray the main antagonist in a Reader's Theater called 'Priscilla Pringle's Predicament/All's Swell That Ends Swell' that Playgoers of Lethbridge put on at Lethbridge Whoop-Up Days 2017. The story was written by Ed Bayly, a truly wonderful individual. Doing the performances all week reminded me of how much I love participating in theater. Please enjoy this recording! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIh88Y5H3cI&t=1135s

Avatar: The Last Post

"In the era before the Avatar, we bent not the elements, but the energies within ourselves." -A giant Lion Turtle Avatar the Last Airbender was one of my favorite shows when I was but a lad, which was about a year ago... If you haven't seen it, then you have missed out, cause they're already on the second series, season, whatever you wanna call it, but it's on Netflix so there's that. "Are you sure you're not talking about the Blue cat people?" I'm positive... I mean, it was just great, BUT, much like Pokemon, it was one of those shows, that you watch and you get sad cause you're like, "Why can't I do that?" So it was sort of bittersweet. Anyway, what I'm trying to get at, is that it's great. "You really liked it huh?" Chyea, I was thinking about it the other day and something hit me... I think it was a Dragonfly, cause let me tell you, that thing was HUGE and it hurt... But then I realized something. 

"Around and around" by Isidro Zapata on the #mormonysablogs Official Website

Around & around we go trying to fill a void in our hearts, so around & around we go, trying to fill a void in our hearts, The Son of Man's compassion, passion and grace step in, to fill the void holding us tenderly, by his love and grace Jesus will never let us go So around and around our love grows hard to walk away from such love Jesus is the only way to live a life of bliss So around and around our love grows Jesus gave his life for you and me Wiping away every tear showing you grace from above now that is true love So around and around our love grows to the one who laid down his life so we can live a life of bliss hard to walk away from such love so around and around our love grows to him who laid down his life for you and me CR2016-01-04 iz