Skip to main content

hey Beautiful!

This week has been kind of overwhelming for me. I am loving being here and loving training Sister Greer. I just sometimes feel like there's so much to do and I don't really have me time! to gather my thoughts and just really organize myself. So it's a process.

Yesterday I came across this scripture in the Book of Mormon 3 Nephi 20:41-42. I loved it a lot! I felt like I needed it.

"And then shall a cry go forth: Depart ye, depart ye, go ye out from thence, touch not that which is unclean; go ye out of the midst of her; be ye clean that bear the vessels of theLord.
For ye shall not go out with haste nor go by flight; for the Lord will go before you, and the God of Israel shall be your rearward"
I learnt and recognized from this scripture that I really need to be making a conscious effort to not think unclean, or worldly thoughts and continue to strive to be worthy of the spirit. I felt so comforted to know that the Lord does go before us and he leads and guides us in this work. Yesterday in Sacrament meeting I was just feeling so eager to learn and also to overcome these feelings of doubt that tend to come into my mind. I wrote down the question"Why do I easily forget all the great things the Lord has done for me?" and just then the next speaker in Sacrament stood up and talked about how we can always remember the Savior in our everyday lives. That was such a Miracle for me to know - rather be reassured that Heavenly Father lives and knows me and my heart. I am grateful for that experience. I am also coming to learn why we have such a great need for the Book of Mormon today. For Phases such as these when we slowly forget the Lord's goodness in our lives. 
I am coming to learn that Faith truly does take one step at a time.
We had an amazing lesson this week with Thomas's Son (our investigator) his name is Tommy and he's 19. He had come to church once before with his Mom and girlfriend and he loved it! since then he's been eager to join us in our lessons with his Family. We went with the Tuiaana kids to that lesson and it was just great!!! Tommy shared how he felt like at church specifically Sunday School he felt that the lesson was exactly what was in his heart. He loved that experience and is so eager to change and come closer to Christ. Raelyn and Anthony Tuiaana shared their testimonies with him and it was so great to see them being a part of this - the Lord's work. We invited Tommy to be baptized and he accepted a Baptismal Date for August 2nd!!!! he's excited to continue to learn more.

Also this week another miracle! one of our Former investigators from when I first got here contacted us! She hadn't contacted since I got into this area and now she's willing to have us come over and teach her! What a blessing. Last week while knocking at an investigators door we spoke to his neighbor Richard and learnt that he was willing to have us come back. We went by this past weekend and as we shared about the Restoration. He shared that he had been always been praying for the Lord to bless him with more wisdom and knowledge to come closer to God and then we came by!!! He recognized that the Lord hears him. We are excited to start teaching him. Please pray for him!!!!
I Love you Lots!!!
Sister Koroitamana

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Priscilla Pringle's Predicament - Reader's Theater at Lethbridge Whoop-U...

This week was quite fun for me because I got to portray the main antagonist in a Reader's Theater called 'Priscilla Pringle's Predicament/All's Swell That Ends Swell' that Playgoers of Lethbridge put on at Lethbridge Whoop-Up Days 2017. The story was written by Ed Bayly, a truly wonderful individual. Doing the performances all week reminded me of how much I love participating in theater. Please enjoy this recording! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIh88Y5H3cI&t=1135s

Avatar: The Last Post

"In the era before the Avatar, we bent not the elements, but the energies within ourselves." -A giant Lion Turtle Avatar the Last Airbender was one of my favorite shows when I was but a lad, which was about a year ago... If you haven't seen it, then you have missed out, cause they're already on the second series, season, whatever you wanna call it, but it's on Netflix so there's that. "Are you sure you're not talking about the Blue cat people?" I'm positive... I mean, it was just great, BUT, much like Pokemon, it was one of those shows, that you watch and you get sad cause you're like, "Why can't I do that?" So it was sort of bittersweet. Anyway, what I'm trying to get at, is that it's great. "You really liked it huh?" Chyea, I was thinking about it the other day and something hit me... I think it was a Dragonfly, cause let me tell you, that thing was HUGE and it hurt... But then I realized something. 

"Around and around" by Isidro Zapata on the #mormonysablogs Official Website

Around & around we go trying to fill a void in our hearts, so around & around we go, trying to fill a void in our hearts, The Son of Man's compassion, passion and grace step in, to fill the void holding us tenderly, by his love and grace Jesus will never let us go So around and around our love grows hard to walk away from such love Jesus is the only way to live a life of bliss So around and around our love grows Jesus gave his life for you and me Wiping away every tear showing you grace from above now that is true love So around and around our love grows to the one who laid down his life so we can live a life of bliss hard to walk away from such love so around and around our love grows to him who laid down his life for you and me CR2016-01-04 iz