Skip to main content

My Little Christ Like Elements P.6 (Magic)

"I wouldn't be standing here if it weren't for the friendships I've made with all of you. Each one of you taught me something about friendship, and for that, I will always be grateful."
-Twilight Sparkle 

"And Magic makes it all complete!"
-Also Twilight Sparkle
"Please tell me you didn't buy that
JUST to do that..."
Err... No...?

So here we are, at the grand finale of this great and VERY long series of Christ like Elements and we have arrived at the apex, one of the most important and vital elements, it's kind of the one that brings them all together. We have, Faith. So what is faith? "It's just like believing in stuff right?" Close I guess. There are a ton of places to find what exactly faith is but we'll use my favorite cause darn it I'm the one writing this! "Is that technically breaking the fourth wall?" Doesn't matter cause here we go!

"And now as I said concerning faith— faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen, which are true."

So that being sai- "I practically said just that... Believing in stuff..." Well... I said you were close. But you definitely lacked the principle of it. "What...?" You're missing the Hope part. Yes you can believe, and you can believe all you want, but if you don't have the hope, what's the point of it? "So is that to say that if I have faith and hope that I'll fly, It'll happen? "No and no..." I also do not suggest trying that because 1) I care. and 2) With you gone, who's gonna read my blog? "You think you know a guy..." Elder... but no, because that would be useless. "But you always say God can do anything. Why doesn't He show it by making me fly?" An excellent question. Someone asked that same question, his name? Korihor. "Story time?" Story time.

"And now Korihor said unto Alma: If thou wilt show me a sign, that I may be convinced that there is a God, yea, show unto me that he hath power, and then will I be convinced of the truth of thy words."

So Korihor is described as being an Anti-Christ and like most people, wanted God to show him a sign to prove of his power. So legit right? Wrong! I've learned very often that you don't tempt fate, or God for that matter but luckily for the saints in Zarahemla, Alma, who you'll probably remember by clicking here, was there to protect the faith, 

But Alma said unto him: Thou hast had signs enough; will ye tempt your God? Will ye say, Show unto me a sign, when ye have the testimony of all these thy brethren, and also all the holy prophets? The scriptures are laid before thee, yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator.

Korihor, fearing for his sideburns.
The end of that story goes that Korihor got what he asked for. He was struck mute and could never lead others away again. 

Miracles do not produce faith, but strong faith is developed by obedience to the gospel of Jesus Christ.
True faith brings miracles, visions, dreams, healings, and all the gifts of God that he gives to his Saints.

Faith is kind of like taking a step in the dark. It's that light at the end of the tunnel. It's the foundation that without, all these wonderful Christ-like Elements, would be made useless, and it's all centered on Christ. 
Many people will say that they accept Christ as their Savior, but I accept that vegetables are an important part of a balanced diet, doesn't mean I like it. When you have faith, you have to believe, truly believe that He is there, and not just that, but that He loves you and that by His grace you are saved, after all we can do. 

I've learned for myself that Christ lives and that he is always there for us. I've challenged Moroni promise which is,

3 Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.
4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.

and by doing so, have found for myself the truth and you can too. It's been a long, stressful, but fun Elements of Christ series, but like all good things, it must come to an end. But to wrap all things up, Paul has this to say,

If there is one thought I can leave you with, it's this one. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Priscilla Pringle's Predicament - Reader's Theater at Lethbridge Whoop-U...

This week was quite fun for me because I got to portray the main antagonist in a Reader's Theater called 'Priscilla Pringle's Predicament/All's Swell That Ends Swell' that Playgoers of Lethbridge put on at Lethbridge Whoop-Up Days 2017. The story was written by Ed Bayly, a truly wonderful individual. Doing the performances all week reminded me of how much I love participating in theater. Please enjoy this recording! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIh88Y5H3cI&t=1135s

Avatar: The Last Post

"In the era before the Avatar, we bent not the elements, but the energies within ourselves." -A giant Lion Turtle Avatar the Last Airbender was one of my favorite shows when I was but a lad, which was about a year ago... If you haven't seen it, then you have missed out, cause they're already on the second series, season, whatever you wanna call it, but it's on Netflix so there's that. "Are you sure you're not talking about the Blue cat people?" I'm positive... I mean, it was just great, BUT, much like Pokemon, it was one of those shows, that you watch and you get sad cause you're like, "Why can't I do that?" So it was sort of bittersweet. Anyway, what I'm trying to get at, is that it's great. "You really liked it huh?" Chyea, I was thinking about it the other day and something hit me... I think it was a Dragonfly, cause let me tell you, that thing was HUGE and it hurt... But then I realized something. 

"Around and around" by Isidro Zapata on the #mormonysablogs Official Website

Around & around we go trying to fill a void in our hearts, so around & around we go, trying to fill a void in our hearts, The Son of Man's compassion, passion and grace step in, to fill the void holding us tenderly, by his love and grace Jesus will never let us go So around and around our love grows hard to walk away from such love Jesus is the only way to live a life of bliss So around and around our love grows Jesus gave his life for you and me Wiping away every tear showing you grace from above now that is true love So around and around our love grows to the one who laid down his life so we can live a life of bliss hard to walk away from such love so around and around our love grows to him who laid down his life for you and me CR2016-01-04 iz