Skip to main content

The Only Sports Related Post You'll Ever Read

"Culpepper guns it!"
-The only Madden game I played...

Now, I love a good game of pigskin throwing, "You used the expression wrong." but unfortunately for me, I'm about as learned on the manly man world of the sports as a half of a PB&J sandwich. "I'm not even sure if you used that one right or wrong... Now that I think about it, if I had a dollar for every time you didn't make any sense, I'd be making a six figure income..." Hey! Just like a Football player! "I guess." So, f
or information about manly things, I had to defer to my wonderful and sports knowing companion, Elder Owen. "Did he pay you to say all that?" Hey Subway doesn't buy itself!
"That link? Click on it."
-Dan Marino

Now I don't know a lot about football, I know Dan Marino played for the Dolphins and he appeared on a Papa Johns commercial, and I like Papa Johns pizza so he must be great! "That's another dollar..." Hey! It makes sense! It's called the Associative property! If A=B and B=C, then A=C! "Nope, too late. Already wrote it." Fine... Do you take I.O.U's...? "We'll talk about that later, carry on." So as you may or not have known, Mr. Marino right over there played for none other than the Miami Dolphins, personally my all time favorite team in the NFL. "Name the Quarterback." Why must you make me look so bad on my own blog...? But anyway, so the Dolphins right now are, well, too put it bluntly, awful... They haven't been good since the 70's... "Subtlety isn't your forte is it?" Not at all. 

But! The Dolphins come with quite the legacy. They are the ONLY team in the NFL to have a perfect season! They went 14-0, winning the Super Bowl as well as a place in Football history, which quite frankly they need cause like I said, awful... So who here has felt like they hit their peak but due to some unforeseen problem or whatnot feels like they're dwindling? "You and I both know it's only me reading this..." Lights, Camera, Lopez! will rise again... But first it needs to peak, but that's neither here nor there. So sometimes we feel like we've done our absolute best, that we gave the world heck and can keep the ball rolling, and then, something happens. We realize, I can't keep this up! I'm on the downward slope! "Kind of like you're blog." Exactly like my blog! But again, neither here nor there. Now, there's something in the gospel known as Grace. Tell me my dear reader, what do you know about Grace? "It's Amazing?" How sweet the sound! "Yea, it saved a wretch like me." You once were lost? "Yea, but now I'm found." Was blind? "And now I see." Huh... Well anyway,

Grace is the help or strength given through the Atonement of the Lord Jesus Christ. Through the grace of God, everyone who has lived will be resurrected—our spirits will be reunited with our bodies, never again to be separated. Through His grace, the Lord also enables those who live His gospel to repent and be forgiven.
So think of a cup full of water. We'll make water, umm... Ok got it! righteousness! So this Styrofoam cup of water represents us cause metaphors are Awesome! As we sin, this cup gets filled with holes and the water leaks out until before you know it, our water levels are under 9000! Through the Grace of God, we can continue to have our cup be
Why can't I do manly things...?
-Elder Lopez
filled with water. "Yea, but by the time you go to drink the water, it's already empty again." That! Is a wonderful point you've brought up. If our righteousness keeps leaking, whatever will we do? That's where the Atonement comes in! Because of the Atonement, we can have our sins wiped clean, those little holes? Gone. It's like putting gum on the cup to stop leaks! "That's gross... I don't want to drink from a cup that has chewed gum on it!" Fine... It's like putting a band-aid on the cup to stop leaks! Isn't that something? 

We can use this UH-MAZING gift to have our sins fixed through Grace, but there's a catch. "There usually is..." By Grace we are outdeed saved, and here's the ringer, after all we can do. It's not just simply, I believe Christ died for me and therefore, I'm saved. If you break a dish, just cause you say sorry doesn't mean everything's fine. You have to make reparations! Sorry only comes, AFTER ALL YOU CAN DO! "So what does this mean for the Dolphins?" Well dear reader, they're having a rough time now, but much like a cut currant bush, they will blossom forth, yielding much fruit and many more Super Bowl rings or whatever it is they give them in football. Or they'll continue to be awful, but that's where the principle of Hope comes in, I think there's already a post about that but if not, that's a post for another day...
This picture ALMOST makes it look like
they're good! Almost...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Priscilla Pringle's Predicament - Reader's Theater at Lethbridge Whoop-U...

This week was quite fun for me because I got to portray the main antagonist in a Reader's Theater called 'Priscilla Pringle's Predicament/All's Swell That Ends Swell' that Playgoers of Lethbridge put on at Lethbridge Whoop-Up Days 2017. The story was written by Ed Bayly, a truly wonderful individual. Doing the performances all week reminded me of how much I love participating in theater. Please enjoy this recording! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIh88Y5H3cI&t=1135s

Avatar: The Last Post

"In the era before the Avatar, we bent not the elements, but the energies within ourselves." -A giant Lion Turtle Avatar the Last Airbender was one of my favorite shows when I was but a lad, which was about a year ago... If you haven't seen it, then you have missed out, cause they're already on the second series, season, whatever you wanna call it, but it's on Netflix so there's that. "Are you sure you're not talking about the Blue cat people?" I'm positive... I mean, it was just great, BUT, much like Pokemon, it was one of those shows, that you watch and you get sad cause you're like, "Why can't I do that?" So it was sort of bittersweet. Anyway, what I'm trying to get at, is that it's great. "You really liked it huh?" Chyea, I was thinking about it the other day and something hit me... I think it was a Dragonfly, cause let me tell you, that thing was HUGE and it hurt... But then I realized something. 

"Around and around" by Isidro Zapata on the #mormonysablogs Official Website

Around & around we go trying to fill a void in our hearts, so around & around we go, trying to fill a void in our hearts, The Son of Man's compassion, passion and grace step in, to fill the void holding us tenderly, by his love and grace Jesus will never let us go So around and around our love grows hard to walk away from such love Jesus is the only way to live a life of bliss So around and around our love grows Jesus gave his life for you and me Wiping away every tear showing you grace from above now that is true love So around and around our love grows to the one who laid down his life so we can live a life of bliss hard to walk away from such love so around and around our love grows to him who laid down his life for you and me CR2016-01-04 iz