Skip to main content

I LOVE POST FU!!!!!!

Oogway: "Ah! I see that you have found the Sacred Peach Tree of Heavenly Wisdom!"
Po: [Po turns around with a lot of peaches stuffed in his mouth] "Oh! Is that what this is? I'm so sorry! I just thought it was a regular peach tree!"



The last thing I remember...
And here I thought I was going to have a normal birthday... "Happy Birthday by the way. Heard you had quite the surprise." Wait, what do you mean, how'd you know something happened? "The nice Analogyzer guy told me, oh and shared quite the tail about kindness." You didn't think to, oh I don't know, hail an officer of the law (Number 12 cough cough) or stop him? "Nah." You spelled 'tale' wrong. "I know how I spelled it. At least you know what Chloroform smells like now though." I have a headache again... That stuff was NOT diluted enough... "You live a pretty rough life... If that's what happens with your friends, I'm terrified to hear what your enemies do to you..." Yea, it ain't easy being me. Sometimes I think, 'Man, I don't know If I can even do this anymore. I mean, It's always something. It's just thing after thing after thing.' "Do you really feel like that?" Of course not! I'm Elder Lopez! Nuff said! "Ugh..."
Not pictured: An impressive Fu
Man Chu

So the reason I'm so Awesome! happy with who I am is because of a lesson I learned a long, long time ago. "In a galaxy far, far away?" No, I already did that one... But you are right, It does have to do with a similarly themed movie. In the movie Kung Fu Panda, there is a Panda named Po. "What does that have to do with Star Wars?" I told you, I ALREADY did that one, that ship has sailed. So anyway, Po is a panda whose dad is a Goose with quite the impressive Fu Man Chu. That has nothing to do with the lesson but I just thought I'd give credit where credit is due. So anyway, Po's whole predicament, conundrum, whatever you wish to call it- "What do you do call it?" It is... Not important... So, he wants to be a Kung Fu master but there's that one thing that gets in everyone's way at least once in their lives, he has the problem of being 'a big, fat panda.' "That doesn't even make any sense. You're right, that Chloroform stuff did get to ya." Ugh... you have no idea, I'm like still smelling colors... But that's besides the point. Long story short, Po gets picked as the Dragon Warrior, a warrior who is pretty Awesome! and filled with Kung Fu... stuffs... "Very smooth." You ever heard of Occam's Razor? "No?" Look it up... So, I totally lost my train of thought... "Dragon Warrior?" Oh yes! Dragon Warrior! 

One Elder Lopez was harmed in the making
of this post.
So there's this scroll, appropriately titled, 'The Dragon Scroll' that comes with the territory of being the Dragon Warrior and when the evil Tai Lung threatens the land of... Umm... "You don't remember what it's called do you?" Haven't a clue, but it's not important, the point is, he threatens it. "You know it's China right?" You're China... Only the power of the secret contained in the Dragon Scroll is enough to save the land but when Master Shifu and Po open it, to their complete and utter surprise, there's nothing. It's just a blank reflective scroll. So now you can imagine how much of a 'Man we're done for' moment they were both having but eventually, Po learns a valuable lesson. "That it's illegal to lick doorknobs on other planets?" Well... I suppose he learned that one too.. But I was gonna go with the value of self-worth. "I guess that one works..." 

You see dear reader, we are the greatest creations ever created! Think about it, everything we are, we are cause we are. "Sigh... Okay, I'll bite out of what I'm assuming is supposed to be a rational thought... Elder Lopez, whatever does that mean?" You're quite the sassy one today. Rather than describe it myself, I'll let someone a little more suited do it, and man do I wish I had their accent.
"You might say, “I’m not the creative type. When I sing, I’m always half a tone above or below the note. I cannot draw a line without a ruler. And the only practical use for my homemade bread is as a paperweight or as a doorstop.”
If that is how you feel, think again, and remember that you are spirit daughters [and sons] of the most creative Being in the universe. Isn’t it remarkable to think that your very spirits are fashioned by an endlessly creative and eternally compassionate God? Think about it—your spirit body is a masterpiece, created with a beauty, function, and capacity beyond imagination."

How's that for three slices of Awesome! pie? Every single time you look in the mirror, you see one of the greatest things ever thought of! Don't believe me? Ask Dr. Seuss!
"Today you are you, that is truer than true, there is no one alive who is youer than you!"
The secret of the Dragon Scroll is that power comes from within, and who gave you that power? That's right! Our Heavenly Father! Po defeated Tai Lung just like we can defeat our metaphorical Tai Lungs cause God loves us and although we often don't know our Awesome! self worth, God sure does, and He often times will send a little reminder to keep us going. For some it's a fortunate event, and for me, it's a mirror. "I just don't know what to say to that." Probably better if you don't... So go be Awesome! reader and remember, You can't spell Awesome! without M-E!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Priscilla Pringle's Predicament - Reader's Theater at Lethbridge Whoop-U...

This week was quite fun for me because I got to portray the main antagonist in a Reader's Theater called 'Priscilla Pringle's Predicament/All's Swell That Ends Swell' that Playgoers of Lethbridge put on at Lethbridge Whoop-Up Days 2017. The story was written by Ed Bayly, a truly wonderful individual. Doing the performances all week reminded me of how much I love participating in theater. Please enjoy this recording! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIh88Y5H3cI&t=1135s

"Around and around" by Isidro Zapata on the #mormonysablogs Official Website

Around & around we go trying to fill a void in our hearts, so around & around we go, trying to fill a void in our hearts, The Son of Man's compassion, passion and grace step in, to fill the void holding us tenderly, by his love and grace Jesus will never let us go So around and around our love grows hard to walk away from such love Jesus is the only way to live a life of bliss So around and around our love grows Jesus gave his life for you and me Wiping away every tear showing you grace from above now that is true love So around and around our love grows to the one who laid down his life so we can live a life of bliss hard to walk away from such love so around and around our love grows to him who laid down his life for you and me CR2016-01-04 iz

Avatar: The Last Post

"In the era before the Avatar, we bent not the elements, but the energies within ourselves." -A giant Lion Turtle Avatar the Last Airbender was one of my favorite shows when I was but a lad, which was about a year ago... If you haven't seen it, then you have missed out, cause they're already on the second series, season, whatever you wanna call it, but it's on Netflix so there's that. "Are you sure you're not talking about the Blue cat people?" I'm positive... I mean, it was just great, BUT, much like Pokemon, it was one of those shows, that you watch and you get sad cause you're like, "Why can't I do that?" So it was sort of bittersweet. Anyway, what I'm trying to get at, is that it's great. "You really liked it huh?" Chyea, I was thinking about it the other day and something hit me... I think it was a Dragonfly, cause let me tell you, that thing was HUGE and it hurt... But then I realized something.