Skip to main content

Being A Single Young Divorced Parent (before I was a member of the church)

     Hi, I just wanted to share what's it's like to be a young single divorced parent at the age of twenty two. Yes, I know God is always on my side. That heavenly father loves me more than I know myself. I got married young, at nineteen figuring I knew everything that I could be a housewife ,and being taking care of that was so not the case it's not such a Cinderella story.   I still feel like I have lost the slipper that I was never swept away by my prince and possibly never will be. I was married in November pregnant by January
      It was a very hard that's for sure. My ex-husband wasn't exactly all together there. He was very emotionally abusive. When Scarlett turned five weeks old was when everything fell apart. He wasn't ready like I thought he was. Other than the abuse let me explain a little more. Not only did he leave at five weeks of age he decided to put a protection order against me for no reason, other than me on anxiety medicine for some things I was going through.   I didn't see my child for the whole month of October. How he could manage that I do not know. How a judge would let that happen I don't know. Why God would put me on this track I don't know. I was so lost and confused ,and very depressed. I couldn't go anywhere scared of running into him I didn't even go to church until our first court hearing.Then finally on Halloween go figure the judge decided to go to every other week switch offs. I would have Scarlett for a week then he would back and forth Switch offs at six in the afternoon. It was horrible it wasn't until July we got an Guardian Ad Litem, to figure out that I was a fit parent and that my ex husband was wrong for what he did. I got full custody finally after a year. That part was over with.

     The hardest part was to come being parent to Scarlett figuring out how to get a job and get into college. It was not until this year of April of 2014 that I was able to get a job that I love so much. I start college in September at Georgia Military College. I'm so glad that I'm a part of the church. I know for sure that Heavenly Father will not give us more than we can handle. My daughter is doing well and her dad gets her every visitation and pays child support. I'm very lucky. This situation has made me a stronger person all together. I want other married couples to know please don't ruin your divorce unless you have to especially if you have kids, Heavenly Father is there always please talk to your branch president and others in the church and get counseling. It's still hard being a single parent. It will be for the rest of Scarlett's life. It's her life we messed up. Not mine... not his... only hers in the end. I hope she can learn from me and Heavenly father more than anything and know it was not her fault at all. I'm trying to be a good parent the best I can be at twenty two. Thank God I have a wonderful family to support me ,or I wouldn't be able to do it at all. Well, this is it for now. -Sister Katie Guyton

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Priscilla Pringle's Predicament - Reader's Theater at Lethbridge Whoop-U...

This week was quite fun for me because I got to portray the main antagonist in a Reader's Theater called 'Priscilla Pringle's Predicament/All's Swell That Ends Swell' that Playgoers of Lethbridge put on at Lethbridge Whoop-Up Days 2017. The story was written by Ed Bayly, a truly wonderful individual. Doing the performances all week reminded me of how much I love participating in theater. Please enjoy this recording! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIh88Y5H3cI&t=1135s

"Around and around" by Isidro Zapata on the #mormonysablogs Official Website

Around & around we go trying to fill a void in our hearts, so around & around we go, trying to fill a void in our hearts, The Son of Man's compassion, passion and grace step in, to fill the void holding us tenderly, by his love and grace Jesus will never let us go So around and around our love grows hard to walk away from such love Jesus is the only way to live a life of bliss So around and around our love grows Jesus gave his life for you and me Wiping away every tear showing you grace from above now that is true love So around and around our love grows to the one who laid down his life so we can live a life of bliss hard to walk away from such love so around and around our love grows to him who laid down his life for you and me CR2016-01-04 iz

Avatar: The Last Post

"In the era before the Avatar, we bent not the elements, but the energies within ourselves." -A giant Lion Turtle Avatar the Last Airbender was one of my favorite shows when I was but a lad, which was about a year ago... If you haven't seen it, then you have missed out, cause they're already on the second series, season, whatever you wanna call it, but it's on Netflix so there's that. "Are you sure you're not talking about the Blue cat people?" I'm positive... I mean, it was just great, BUT, much like Pokemon, it was one of those shows, that you watch and you get sad cause you're like, "Why can't I do that?" So it was sort of bittersweet. Anyway, what I'm trying to get at, is that it's great. "You really liked it huh?" Chyea, I was thinking about it the other day and something hit me... I think it was a Dragonfly, cause let me tell you, that thing was HUGE and it hurt... But then I realized something.