Skip to main content

Isidiro Zapata

I had no idea that on this Wednesday in how much my life would change. The backdoor to the house led straight to the kitchen. I walked inn and my mom surprise me by being in the kitchen usually she would be in the living room or in her room in the back of the house sewing. This time it seemed as though she was waiting for me.

I went to hug my mom and gave her a kiss and said, “Hi mom how are you?” She did not say anything at all she just looked at me then told me she needed to talked to me about some thing. I said okay mom what do you want to talk about what came next change my life.

My mom got up from the table and told me to sit down. I went and sat down then all she said was “You have three day’s to find another place to live!” wait what? She did not say that much “You have three day’s to find another place to live and that’s it” then my mom turned her back to me and started to walk out of the kitchen. 

I was speechless. I had no idea what was going on. I went and caught my mom in the hallway and said “Mom what is going on you need to tell me?” Her reply “I do not need to tell you anything, three day’s or I do not know what you are going to do but you are no longer living here!” she then turned from me and walked down the hallway to her bedroom then she slam the door shut.

“Three day’s I kept repeating to myself” What did I do? That also ran through my mind. I was doing great in school, I had a part time job, I did not do drugs or drink or in a gang. I have three day’s three days! They were shock, at first and did not believe me, but I finally was able to have them believe me I never lied to them before. Kevin said to me to stay the night and then they would take me home and talk to my mom and get things straighten out. 


Kevin and Susan picked me up at work. We drove to my mom’s house and we almost passed it. The drive way was empty. My step dad’s truck was no, where and neither was the company van. I told Kevin to go back a few houses and I said I live there and I could not believe what I saw. Just two day’s ago this house was alive and now it was like a gravy yard dead. Kevin was like “You do not live here no one lives here”? I started to argue with him saying “I know where I live” 

Kevin then got out of the car and told me to wait. We can see him go up to the windows and try and look in, he tried to open the door but it was lock and the front windows I got out and checked to. We, both gave up and went back to the car, I walked slowly back to the car I did not speak to Kevin and he did not speak to me either. 

People that should protect you and always be there for you had left me. Kevin did not know what to say neither did his wife. I asked to no one “Where did they go and why did they leave me why I was a good kid!” I kept asking to no one. 

I stayed with Kevin and his wife for a month and they did what they could. I left and became homeless at 15. Holidays, birthdays came and went for seven years. Then it happens I ran into my family but it was all accidental.

It was a Saturday and I was on the other side of town. I was on Second Street and Manuel. There was a Kmart so I thought I would check it out. I had not been in a Kmart since I was a little kid. I was just walking around minding my own business then as though I heard a shotgun go off I heard a scream. I can still hear the scream and the sobbing. It drew everyone’s attention a few employee’s came around to see what was going on.
It was a little girl who screamed and started sobbing it was my little sister Sarah. In a second she was on top of me sobbing uncontrollably. Sarah wrapped her arms around me and as she sobbed she said, “They told me you were Dead!!!” she kept on repeating it over and over again. I could not believe what she had just said. I looked up and saw my mom and step dad frozen in time. They went and tried to pull Sarah away from me. They could it she kept on saying, “They told me you were dead!” as she sobbed. Sarah even slapped my mom’s hand away from her.

I end up taking them out to lunch. My sister would not let me go. I had a hard time in forgiving my mom and step dad for what they did. Abandoning her son, I was homeless and worse of all telling their own daughter that her brother was dead!!! 

With the help of the Church I have learned to truly forgive my mom. I know the truth and understand forgiveness. I can now look at my mom and tell her I love her and truly mean it. It is because of the Grace of God. 
Remember, there is nothing you cannot forgive. I am so thankful for your Grace and Love and knowing the Truth. You can only grow in Grace when you are being taught the Truth and at the LDS Church they teach the TRUTH. 

THIS IS ALL TRUE AND I WISH IT WAS IT!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Priscilla Pringle's Predicament - Reader's Theater at Lethbridge Whoop-U...

This week was quite fun for me because I got to portray the main antagonist in a Reader's Theater called 'Priscilla Pringle's Predicament/All's Swell That Ends Swell' that Playgoers of Lethbridge put on at Lethbridge Whoop-Up Days 2017. The story was written by Ed Bayly, a truly wonderful individual. Doing the performances all week reminded me of how much I love participating in theater. Please enjoy this recording! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIh88Y5H3cI&t=1135s

"Around and around" by Isidro Zapata on the #mormonysablogs Official Website

Around & around we go trying to fill a void in our hearts, so around & around we go, trying to fill a void in our hearts, The Son of Man's compassion, passion and grace step in, to fill the void holding us tenderly, by his love and grace Jesus will never let us go So around and around our love grows hard to walk away from such love Jesus is the only way to live a life of bliss So around and around our love grows Jesus gave his life for you and me Wiping away every tear showing you grace from above now that is true love So around and around our love grows to the one who laid down his life so we can live a life of bliss hard to walk away from such love so around and around our love grows to him who laid down his life for you and me CR2016-01-04 iz

Avatar: The Last Post

"In the era before the Avatar, we bent not the elements, but the energies within ourselves." -A giant Lion Turtle Avatar the Last Airbender was one of my favorite shows when I was but a lad, which was about a year ago... If you haven't seen it, then you have missed out, cause they're already on the second series, season, whatever you wanna call it, but it's on Netflix so there's that. "Are you sure you're not talking about the Blue cat people?" I'm positive... I mean, it was just great, BUT, much like Pokemon, it was one of those shows, that you watch and you get sad cause you're like, "Why can't I do that?" So it was sort of bittersweet. Anyway, what I'm trying to get at, is that it's great. "You really liked it huh?" Chyea, I was thinking about it the other day and something hit me... I think it was a Dragonfly, cause let me tell you, that thing was HUGE and it hurt... But then I realized something.